DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?

Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Year End Crime Review

Ever had one of those nights where you can't sleep 'cause you're up all night wondering what the top crime stories of 2003 might be?

Last night was one of those. "What would they be?", I pondered, "Jacko? Those pesky snipers? Little Lacy Peterson?"

No. These were too obvious. To get the real story I needed to go to the experts. Court TV. Yes. Theirs is a braintrust of integrity and critical information. They would have the stories that truly shaped our social consciousness, forget my populist offerings.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to check the Court TV web page... I'll be back in a second. You can come along if you like...

(pause)

I'm back.

Say, Court TV picked the same stories I picked! (Ok I forgot about Kobe) I guess I'm smarter than I thought I was. And did you see that feature on Saddam Hussein? Court TV's got the "playbook" on other toppled dictators! I feel like an armchair quarterback, International Relations is just like Monday Night Football!

I checked other websites like FOX, MSNBC and CNN - they've listed the same stories as their top crime newsmakers of 2003. I guess these must be the stories that are important.

I just wonder why no one mentioned the murder of April Renee Greer? You remember April Renee Greer ( her story appeared somewhere, didn't it?). Like Lacy Peterson, April was chopped-up and disposed of (in a trashcan) by her partner. Like Scott Peterson, Greer's boyfriend allegedly didn't want the baby April had been carrying for 8 1/2 months, so he killed it too. Unlike Peterson, Greer's death never garnered much attention. (credit ABC news' Bryan Robinson for attempting to draw some attention to this case.)

I suppose slinging hash at the local Golden Corral (Greer was a waitress in Greensboro, NC) isn't as telegenic as owning a tony crab shack in San Luis Obispo.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|