DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?

Friday, May 28, 2004

Have you ever seen a dream walking...

Recently, my three-year-old daughter has been plagued by a reoccurring nightmare. She's in the back of my car strapped in her safety seat. The car is moving down the road, but no one is driving. She is alone and completely helpless.

What's odd is that this is the same dream my oldest daughter was having when she was that age. So what is this? Adolescent paranoia? Is this the little-tykes version of suddenly realizing your out in public with no clothes on, or remembering you forgot to take that final exam so you actually didn't graduate from college?

We all have our fears. If there's anyone out there with a loved one that's recently died? Let's see if this one sounds familiar:

I've been having these series of dreams. It is after my grandmother has died and we're all over at her house cleaning the place up. I keep seeing my sister out of the corner of my eye, but when I turn to face her, she's gone. I go to the room where I think she's gone, but by the time I get there she's moved on to another room. I see her again, but she enters yet another room. She never looks directly at me.

This goes on ad infinitum. It's like trying to catch the air. It's maddening.

I don't dream about cars careening out of control, I dream about chasing something that's not there anymore. I'm so accustomed to it now that it no longer makes me sad. I've gotten used to the idea that I'm being messed with. It's like this little joke. So I smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|