DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?

Thursday, February 17, 2005

This ain't rock n roll, this is genocide



Listened to Diamond Dogs on the way into work this morning. Damn, in the wake of want's happened in this country in the last 3 1/2 years, this album - 30 years later - still sounds fresh.

I love Mike Garson's piano playing. And is that really Bowie on that grungy guitar throughout? (I always suspected it might be an uncredited Earl Slick)

Does anyone remember the tv ads for this? I was ten, and I remember they showed that weird cover of Bowie as a dog with rock-rock-rock-rock blaring right along.

This was one of Theresa's favorites. I had the room adjacent to T. Her bedroom was a study in contrasts. Decorated by my mom, it was all lavender pastels, real soft-focus 70s stuff. The record player was Theresa's dominion. She played it LOUD. Side one was a favorite. From the freaky Future Legend to the stomping title track, through the smoky-ballad trilogy of Sweet Thing / Candidate to the final drive of Rebel Rebel - a very nice set. Though in later years, these words always disturbed me:

We'll buy some drugs and watch a band
Then jump in the river holding hands

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|