DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The sound of silence
Simon and Garfunkel


Hello, darkness my old friendI've come to talk with you again Because a vision softly creepingLeft its seeds while I was sleepingAnd the vision that was planted in my brainStill remains. Within the sound of silence.

In restless dreams i walked aloneNarrow streets of cobblestone,'Neath the halo of a street lampI turned my collar to the cold and dampWhen my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light. That split the nightAnd touched the sound of silence.


And in the naked light I saw Ten thousand people, maybe morePeople talking without speakingPeople hearing without listeningPeople writing songs that voices never shareAnd no one dared. Disturb the sound of silence.

"Fools," said I, "You do not knowSilence like a cancer grows.Hear my words that I might teach you,Take my arms that I might reach you."But my words like silent raindrops fell,And echoed .In the wells of silence.

And the people bowed and prayedTo the neon god they madeAnd the sign flashed out a warning,In the words that it was forming.And the signs said the words of the prophetsAre written on the subway wallsAnd tenement halls. And whisper'd in the sounds of silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|