DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?

Friday, May 11, 2007

Shrine of the Martyr

May I say that I hate this kind of victim story:



And this:



And this:



And this:



Many a time a photographer has asked me to pose like this with a picture of Theresa.

I say, "no".

"Why?"

"Because it's staged and corny"

"But it tells a story?"

"A corny story that you've manipulated."

"What would you suggest?"

"I don't know, I'm not the photographer. But you just came up with that idea because some other photo journalist did it."

"How 'bout you in the foreground with the photo in the background?"

"How 'bout you leave."

"You're not giving me a chance..."

"You're not giving her a chance... Do you think what she represented could be depicted by me holding her close to my heart like a little precious relic?

What she was cannot be captured by your imagination. Why do you bother?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|