DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?

Monday, July 02, 2007

What Do I Think?

I'm sprinting to the finish to complete my Graduate degree in Justice Administration. In the Spring I took a PhD course in Criminology that almost killed me. In June I took a course in Inter-governmental relations in which I got an A+.

Currently I'm taking a course in Geographic Information Systems that - coupled with the courses I've taken in statistics - MAKE ME LETHAL!

There's nothing geographic profiling can throw at me that I can't conceptualize.

What Do I Think?

What, because I'm not in the region, I can't engage in thought experiments that tell me exactly what I want to know, and who I wish to engage... talk to?

Read this week's Record and you'll know more.

The point here is to solve a crime. The point is what little your government has done to advance this cause:

Four years: no response from your Federal government on the rules for retaining evidence.

One year: no response from Charest and his Justice / Minister of Public Security on a public inquiry, formation of a cold case bureau...

Do you like living this way? With a government that won't even dignify you with a "yes" or a "no"?

I can abide it. It's not my government (for the record, I am a dual citizen). But can you citizens of Quebec / Canada tolerate this?

Utter nonsense, that a public official - any public official - could be allowed to be so unresponsive. If I lived there I would make it my MISSION to vote them out of office ASAP, with the understanding of the incoming party that it would be their MANDATE to correspond with their constituents. Why do you not fight these men? Who are these men?

WHAT DO I THINK?

1. I think my parents have suffered enough

2. I think family/ friends / volunteers have carried the burden of Theresa's injustice, it is time for the government to pick up her cause.

3. I think good has come of this matter. My parents and I still speak. I can joke with my brother. At times, I can even spend a spiritual moment with my sister.

4. I think people need to stop identifying with Theresa as if they new her, and start realizing that her misfortune could next turn on them. You do not want to be on the wrong side of the government in such affairs. You cannot win.

5. I thank god I don't live in Quebec which would surely drive me mad.

6. I think people ought to stop reading this blog - this is not a voyeurs game - and start taking some action against their government. And in that spirit I will write yet another letter to the Quebec gov. tomorrow telling them - yet again - that I am fed-up.

7. I curse the day I read James Ellroy's My Dark Places which sent me down this road.

8. I am grateful for the day when I realized that Theresa didn't die of a drug overdose, but was murdered.

9. I am grateful that my mother will still talk to me about what has happened in the past.

10. I think it is good and right that my father would rather place these matters in the past and get on with life.

There, I said it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|