DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?: The Theresa Allore Memorial Scholarship Fund

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Theresa Allore Memorial Scholarship Fund




Next week I will be in Quebec to announce the commencement of the Theresa Allore Memorial Fund, a scholarship to be awarded to future students at Champlain Regional College. The press conference will occur on Wednesday, September 24th at 10:30 AM in the boardroom of Champlain College, which is in the administration building of the Lennoxville campus. The press conference will be chaired by myself, Pierre Hugues Boisvenu of l’Association des Familles de Personnes Assassinées ou Disparues (AFPAD), and Kenneth Robertson, Director General of Champlain Regional College. In the coming days I will post the official press release.

This is certainly an important day for me and my family. It is a time that we honor Theresa's memory and celebrate her spirit of giving and generosity. We are looking to raise enough funds to endow a $1,000 per year scholarship, to be awarded to a Champlain student for academic achievement and overall excellence.

While in Quebec I will also be meeting with representatives of the Surete du Quebec's cold case bureau, with Sue Sutherland - who currently represents my interests in the investigation - and I will be participating with Pierre Hugues Boisvenu in a lecture at the University of Montreal on crime victimization.

Any developments in the coming week will be reported here as they occur.

3 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger Bill Widman said...

Sounds like good news to me, John!
I'm glad someone finally got their attention! I suppose you had something to do with that.
Anyway, it's good to know Champlain is doing this in honor of Theresa's memory.
Gee, I guess I can't pick on them anymore. I'll just pick on the SQ instead.

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's terrific news, John.

'Anon'

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Sharron Prior website said...

wow, wonderful news John! "cold case team"
Hi John,oh how please our family is, that There will be a Theresa Allore Memorial Scholarship Award in Theresa's name...to remember her laughter..and her innocence.

Prior Family

www.sharronprior.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|