DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?: Ebay for a cause goes Retro!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Ebay for a cause goes Retro!

We have more items for sale on Ebay for the Theresa Allore Memorial Fund. 100% of the proceeds go toward starting the endowment.

Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards


Antique design deck of 52 cards with minature cards in the upper left corners and descriptive pictures with meanings in the remaining portions of the cards. Based on the French Mystic Mlle Le Normand.
These belonged to Theresa, if you never knew she was highly into the Occult... Spooky...




Hodge-Podge of memorabilia

- Theresa's Kodak X-15 Instamatic camera which she used to take MANY pictures (winning bidder gets a selection of reproductions of her photos if you'd like). Still works! I used it in '77 to take this photo:





- A swizzle stick from a Montreal disco from the 70s! Le Tube: I believe it was on St. Catherines. Anyway, the stick says, "Le Tube - Restaurant Bar Discotheque"

- Two Outdoor Candles (anyone know the story behind these? Please let me know)


Vintage Pins and Buttons

1. Vintage McDonald's pin, "Ask me about this week's Happy Cup"... from when my sister, Theresa worked at McDonald's

2. Vanier-Snowdon CEGEP / College 1977 Winter Carnival pin

3. Pierrefonds Comprehensive High School 1973 Winter Carnvial pin

4. "Je Suis EleKtrik"... I have no idea what this is... anybody know?


Vintage Clothing!

Vintage 1970's JEAN NICOLAS OF PARIS "MODEL CREE A PARIS" GIRLS TOP SET (size: teen / small)
Spaghetti strap top with matching vest thingee. 100% cotton.

This was very much something Theresa wore. (A little wrinkly... I know, I could have ironed it)

Vintage Sweater!


Beautiful Vintage 1970's Pierre Cardin Cashmere Sweater (size: teen / small).

I believe this was a Christmas present. I don't know how much it was worn.

I would stress that the size is small. My 11-year-old daughter would fit into it.

*********************************
This is a great way to contribute to the endowment, while getting a little something back in return. With all proceeds going to the memorial fund through Ebay's Giving works, please bid generously.

Additional items will be listed in the future. For all auctions go to Ebay and search on "Allore"

Good luck!

2 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing that comes to mind is perhaps a music label from the 70s called Elektrik, but the symbol doesn't seem to suggest that...hmmm

'Anon'

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Bill Widman said...

It's hard to part with the personal effects of a loved one, when that's all you have to remember them by.

So I like hearing about how Theresa's things are being "recycled," going to friends, and contributing to something even more valuable, such as a memorial fund.

This to me is very very cool!
You no longer need these things to remember her by. You have so much more, that can be shared by many.
It's a nice way of letting go.

I have my father's pocket knife, that my mother gave me after he died. At the present time, it's sitting on my desk where I can see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|