DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?: Andrew Dalzell arrested in Child Sex Sting

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Andrew Dalzell arrested in Child Sex Sting

For those of you new to this blog, Andrew Dalzell is no stranger to me. Where there's a will, Social Deviance will find a way


"Do you mind if I ask this question: What were you thinking?"

Murder Suspect Caught in Internet Sex Sting
By NC WANTED Staff


Posted: Today at 10:28 a.m.
Updated: Today at 11:09 a.m.

BUNCOMBE COUNTY — Andrew Dalzell, 32, a suspect in the 1997 disappearance of Debbie Key, was arrested in Asheville Tuesday for soliciting a child online.

According to Buncombe County authorities, Dalzell, of Gastonia, initiated a conversation in an Internet chat room with an undercover officer posing as an 11-year-old girl and began discussing sexual acts.

Dalzell traveled to Asheville to meet the young girl, but was met instead by investigators from the sheriff's office and State Bureau of Investigation.

He is being held under a $70,000 bond.

NC WANTED interviewed Dalzell last year about the disappearance of Debbie Key, a 35-year-old Chapel Hill woman, who left a bar with Dalzell 11 years ago and has never been seen or heard from since. To learn more, read the story below or browse the links in the gray sidebar at right.

7 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Can't wait to read Bill WIdman's comment.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Bill Widman said...

I won't keep you waiting, Anonymous!
I just now got the news on TV and then got online, where I got several messages about it, including one from the Carrboro police chief.
I'll come back and tell you more when I finish reading up on it.
Oh Happy Day!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Bill Widman said...

I have been talking to a reporter named Kevin Ellis with the Gaston Gazette, who will be writing this up next.

Now hopefully this time he won't slip through the cracks again!

Lord I tell you, I am really excited about this! My friends were just waiting for that guy to mess up again! Let's see how Buncombe County responds to crimes like this.

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,

Well they ( Buncombe ) didn't go to easy on their former sheriff now did they?

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Bill Widman said...

Now that's a good point there, Anon!

It sure gave me pleasure to see my friend Joy on WRAL News on TV last night. I'm beginning to think that Joy's enjoying the media attention as much as I am.

Media attention is like they say about chicken soup.
'It couldn't hurt!'

Now, back to what you were saying.
Yes, I do tend to believe that Dalzell is much more likely to get a fair trial in Buncombe than he did in Orange County.

Some might consider that an understatement.
But for a Canadian, I have to give you points for your knowlege of NC.

 
At 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, I only wrote the first comment...about wanting to hear your response to the news. Forgot to sign that one. Not sure who wrote the 4th comment, thought it was John, but it wasn't me...I don't follow your politics that closely, just Debbie's story. Am glad though that this creep Dalzell is off the streets...hopefully for good.

'Anon'

p.s. Is the footage for Joy's appearance on WRAL available?

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found the footage of Joy's interview with WRAL.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/4480839/
Woman's disappearance still haunts friends [of Debbie Key]

I can't get it to play, but maybe y'all can.

This is the story that goes with it:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4479186/

'Anon'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|