DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

My "live" weblog from last night's VEEP debate

9:29 PM:

Edwards: These families have children.

Cheney: They're not my children.

Edwards: But they're somebody's children.

Cheney: Are you running a business or a charity ward?

Edwards: Well, all right . . .

Cheney: (interrupting)Not with my money!

Edwards: What makes you such a hard-skulled character? You can't begin to spend all the money you've got.

Cheney: So I suppose I should give it to miserable failures...

9:30PM:

Edwards: I know very well what you're talking about. You're talking about something you can't get your fingers on, and it's galling you. That's what you're talking about. Well, I've said too much.

Cheney: Sentimental hogwash!

9:44PM:

Edwards: Well, most people say you stole all the rest.

Old Man Potter... errr.... Chaney: The envious ones say that, the suckers... Shove me up, shove me up! Now, I have stated my side very frankly. Now, let's look at your side.

Bailey (I MEAN EDWARDS!!): No . . . no . . . no . . . no, NO! Doggone it! You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, In the . . . in the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider. You . . . And that goes for you too! And it goes for you too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|