DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?

Monday, December 13, 2004

I will address, at length, the conference in Vancouver (which I thoroughly enjoyed). But right now I'm getting caught up on things. If anyone has things they would like me to post, please send them. Here is an email from Rachel Ayerst about her friend Kelly-Anne Drummond, murdered last October in Montreal:

Dear John,

I happened across your website a few months ago, after searching for any references to my best friend who was murdered. Her name was Kelly-Anne Drummond, she was 24 and she was stabbed to death on October 3, 2004. Her boyfriend has since been charged with second-degree murder. You posted a news article on your site about her case. Ever since then, I have been reading your blog.

Everyone who knew Kelly-Anne admired her independence and self-confidence.Over the course of her short life, she accomplished many great things. She graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Communications from Concordia University in 2002. She also trained competitively as an athlete, playing rugby, water polo, and—somewhat ironically—had just returned from Italy where she competed in a worldwide lifesaving competition. She also worked as an educator in a daycare, where she enjoyed working with children and helping them to improve their English skills.

Not only was Kelly-Anne giving and kind, she also brought joy and laughter to those around her. She had a great sense of humor, and loved to laugh at her self, and everyone around her. Both as a child and as an adult, she had an adventurous spirit, which led her to faithfully explore the world around her, as well as actively seek out new places to explore. She took delight in a great many things, and somehow, her happiness was always infectious.

I am trying to go on with life, but it is hard---I shared an extremely close friendship with her since from the age of five---and I can't help but miss her. A life being stolen at such a young age, as you know, is not easy to deal with.

I guess the reason I am writing is to say I am truly sorry about what happened to your sister. Reading through the articles sent shivers up my spine--the injustices that have been done in the investigation are astounding. I pray that for her memory, and your family's sake, they will eventually give her justice. I just wanted to say hello, and let you know that I am reading your blog and praying that justice will prevail for Theresa.

Here's wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas.

Sincerely,
Rachel


Let's be good to ourselves in the months to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|