DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Apes, but not so big...

When I was an undergraduate, me and friend made a 16 millimeter short called Filbert & Morley; a sort of homage to Sci-Fi, horror and geekdome.

We had a showing of our film at Trinity college's George Ignatieff theater and added as a double bill was the original King Kong; a film I consider timeless, a perfect amalgamation of beauty, mystery, horror and adventure.

Well I have just come from Peter Jackson's three-hour yawn (er... kong) and I can tell you I want my money back. What a lifeless, humourless piece of doo-doo.

Run... RUN to the video store and rent the 1933 Schoedsack & Cooper original.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|