DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Desire, Paddy McAloon, why he's compared to Porter and Gershwin and why Fountains of Wayne hold Prefab Sprout in such reverence:

Antiques,
Every other sentiment an antique
As obsolete as warships in the baltic


My love and I, we are boxing clever
She'll never crowd me out


Ooh Johnny Johnny Johnny
Why don't you join the foreign legion
Ooh Johnny Johnny Johnny
You're still in love with Hayley Mills


I hear you've got a new girlfriend
How's the wife taking it?


The thrill of it - can I call it that? - was cheap
And feeling cheap's the only thing you keep
It's so unsightly to walk from her arms so lightly
Selling it all up the swanee


I've got six things on my mind you're no longer one of them

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|