DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Someone help me with this shit before I lose my mind

I spend a good day with the kids. We have pancakes, and swim in the pool, and spend the better half of the weekend taking apart the hard drive of my broken computer.

They go home. I resolve that I'm changing. A year apart has made me different, but I'm still not out of the woods yet. I ponder theses words from The Eels:

This is the day that I give myself up cold
The dust of ages settles on your days
And so you shake your coat off
And get on your way
Bloodshot and trembling, a new day has begun

And this:

Everyone loves you
But nobody cares
An awful collection
Of enemies and friends
Congratulations to you
And sad regrets
I'm tired of the old shit
Let the new shit begin

I'm getting flabby. I go on a bike ride. I resolve to run more, bike more, swim more, and start playing hockey again.

I watch The Departed (as I've just posted). I can relate to the whole Irish grudge thing. The movie ends. I decide to have a glass of wine and have a quick swim in the complex pool ( da' hell if it's after hours). Apart from me, the only other swimmers are a romantic couple. Da' hell with it, I dive in. I swim closer. They are speaking French. I say (in my Quebec patois)

You're French?

Yes, It's uncommon to find someone else speaking french in Carrboro, NC. Where are you from?

I was born in Montreal, and you?

We're from Sherbrooke?

Really? I know Lennoxille and L'Estrie very well! ( I resist the urge to go further). Nice to meet you.

Nice to meet you....

We swim away. Now can someone tell me what-the-fuck is going on here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|