DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

This from the conclusion of Solaris which I watched last night:

I have returned. Finally.

I work in the city now. After work I wander and
lose myself.
I am silent and attentive.
I follow the current. I make a conscious
effort to smile,
nod, stand,
and perform the millions of gestures
that constitute life on Earth.


I will study these gestures until they become
reflexes again.
I will find new interests
and occupations, but --


I will not... give myself.
I will not give myself
to anything or anyone,
because I am haunted
by the idea that I remembered her wrong.

That I shaded my memory of her to suit myself.
That I was unfair to
her and caused her
destruction.
What if I was wrong about everything?


I’ve come to believe that memory is a curse.

I know what you're gonna say, Solaris is a bore.
Ya well if you think
it's slow try sitting through
Tarkovsky's original, it's damn near impenetrable
- and still brilliant.


You should know this movie: If you were
stranded somewhere
with the ghost of a loved one,
could you give it up and come back to earth?


Apart from all this it's a great little
performanceby co-star,
Jeremy Davies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|