DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?

Monday, August 20, 2007

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
- Margaret Mead


As everyone knows, John Allore has spent the past five years on an intense and emotionally draining journey trying to get justice in the death of his sister, Theresa Allore. He has managed to resurrect a 29-year-old cold case, bring national attention to his sister’s story, challenge the Quebec judicial system and serve as a voice for crime victims and judicial reform.

Along the way, he assembled a group of dedicated supporters of which I am one.

As John re-prioritizes his life and takes a much-needed breather from the case and this blog, he asked if I would be interested in helping to keep the momentum going by continuing to update the blog.

I was a bit hesitant to commit because I know the responsibility this entails. I ultimately agreed because I would hate to see someone with information relevant to the case be directed to a stagnant blog or a dead link. He’s gone too far to let his efforts dissipate into the void.

So here we are.

I hope that everyone who has accompanied John on his journey (some of whom have been with him since the start) will continue to visit this blog, share their thoughts and hopefully, bring this case to a conclusion.

I invite anyone who has a theory, facts about the case or suggestions on how we can resolve this cold case to post their comments or email me at
maritime.missy@gmail.com. Although I may be taking the lead in posting new entries on John’s blog, I will not be acting as a spokesperson or lead investigator on this case. This is still John’s blog and I will be ever-mindful of this.

That being said, I will post my thoughts and suggest some avenues that I think we could explore to bring about a resolution. If I am unable to post for a few days, you may see an entry from another member of our small but mighty group of volunteers.

Please be assured that any information you share with me will be protected and treated with the utmost of discretion.

Let’s see if Margaret Mead is right—that a small group of committed volunteers can make a difference.

Sincerely,

Maritime Missy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|