DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?

Friday, March 07, 2008

"It feels like a fairly random crime,"

I have a lot of respect for new Chapel Hill police chief, Brian Curran. He has worked for the force for nearly 30 years. But I would not characterize this as a random crime.

Unpredictable, given the low homicide rate in Chapel Hill? Yes. Shocking given the victim's apparent low risk behavior, and the high risk behavior of the offender? Definitely.

But not random.

2 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Bill Widman said...

I'm with you on this one, John.
I have been following this story since Wednesday, and I don't think it was random. I think it was planned.
The question is
WHY?

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen the number of robberies and larcenies in the Franklin area lately? Check the economic temperature in the country: I think this was an attempted robbery gone bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|