DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

We're coming up on Victims Awareness Week, if we're not in it already. I offer up this lovely lyric from Gillian Welch for those parents and families who grieve for a loved one, and to all victims who have lost a piece of themselves along the road.

Oh I dream a highway back to you love
A winding ribbon with a band of gold
A silver vision come and rest my soul
I dream a highway back to you

1 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Bill Widman said...

Hear Ye, friends and neighbors;

I just googled "Victims Awareness Week" and, as usual, came up with a whole lot of useless info before finding this.

While it varies from state to state on which week it is observed, I've found that Office of Victims of Crime (OVC) in Washington DC, proclaims "Nat'l Crime Victims' Rights Week" to be the week of April 13 to 19, 2008. They have a website at www.ovc.gov.

Of course, anytime will be a good time to listen to Gillian Welch. (my opinion)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|