DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?

Sunday, June 08, 2008

An Ebayer asks me:

Question:
hi, i bought a couple of fp toy sets today and am now bidding on your new ones. where on earth did you get these incredible toys, if you don't mind my asking? i haven't been collecting long but i've never seen a seller have so many. i really want this beauty salon so i hope it doesn't go too high, but i am sure you do :) do you have any more salons you will be selling in the future? well, hopefully you can answer most of my questions. thanks,




My answer:
I only have one of each: Here's what happened. I had Fisher Price Little People as a kid. In the late 80s when they decided to discontinue, I started to buy everything so my (future) kids would have them. At that time I was living b/w Texas and NC so I remember in particular picking them up at Woolworths' there. They all ended up in boxes in my parents' basement in Canada where they remained untouched for 20 years. 2 weeks ago my parents were downsizing to a condo and I went to Canada to help them... and found boxes of this stuff. I had forgotten about them.

Of course the story is that my children are by now grown and have no interest in FPLP (they want me to use the Ebay money to buy a new MAC.) SO that's why I have so much.

I will have one more week of auctions for a the McDonals's set (box in bad shape, toy perfect), School House (again, bad box), and the Garage (mint all round)) Then I have some Tyco trains (again in boxes) to unload. And the Planet of the Apes stuff seems really popular.


Thank you for bidding and good luck,

And to see my other auctions go to: View seller's other items

(no, I haven't sold anything of Theresa's... yet)

7 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Bill Widman said...

Wow John!
Did you bring back some treasures!
It's just awesome that you have so many still in boxes!
When I was a kid, there was no way I could buy a new toy and not open it.
I often wish I could go back in time to retrieve some of the models and comic books I used to have.
Your kids should be getting their new MAC for sure!

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea that Planet of the Apes would be so popular. I used to watch it Saturday nights when I was younger because there was absolutely nothing else of interest on our three-channel tv with the rabbit ears. (I may have snubbed my nose at Planet of the Apes...but I wasn't too snobby for the Dukes of Hazzard and BJ and the Bear. Tom Wopat and Greg Evigan were HOT. LOL)

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! The CBS Saturday Evening Movie... If your reception was good you could pull it in from Platburg, VT. ( a little further for you MM)

JJA

 
At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John...You must have been one of those rich folk that could get American stations. LOL I was lucky to get CBC, CTV and a French station. My TV diet in the 70s consisted of the Brady Bunch, Little House on the Prairie, the Partridge Family, the Bionic Woman, the Million Dollar Man (Steve Austin...woohoo!), Emergency! (oh yeah...I was in love with Randolph Mantooth too. 10-4 Rampart General!) and the Hardy Boys (my first crush--Parker Stevenson). I better sign off before I start looking for some Tiger Beat magazines e-Bay! Thanks for today's post John...it brought a much-needed smile to my face.

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey MM, do you mean to say that you were deprived of 'Gilligan's Island'? We used to run home after school to catch that one...it's what we watched while having our after-school snack...then it was TV off and homework time.

Anon

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha Anon...I watched Gilligan's Island but I didn't really like it that much. I was totally bothered by the fact that the Professor could build radios out of coconuts but couldn't build a boat to get them off the island. I thought Mrs. Howell was great though. LOL

I also forgot that I liked M*A*S*H too. Klinger and Radar were my favourite.

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, MM, being the smallest of three siblings, I didn't get much say in what 'we' got to watch but, yeah, the Howells were a hoot. We were also a 3-channel household, so there wasn't much choice to begin with.

John, every toy that I actually bought for my kids, they actually got to play with and well, there ain't much left there to sell, but some of the stuff that I had as a kid, that stuff is still in pretty decent condition...could be worth a bob or two, but not sure if I want to part with them...yet.

Anon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|