DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?

Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Things They Carried

A lot of this I'll have to get rid of. But at least I'll photograph it.


The puppet theatre. What a lot of fun we had with this. My mom and Mrs. Little clipped Freshie boxtops forever to send away for this baby. Now it's maggot fodder.

This was a gift from Theresa's boyfriend, Vlad. Geronimo. It reads, Nothing is so strong as gentleness, nothing is so gentle as real strength.


These two boats hung in my grandparents' house forever.


They were in this room with a mini-bar and a gun-rack on the wall. The guns were held up with deer hoofs. Manly.


Point Lepreau Nuclear Power Station. There's a good story behind this. My father was project manager for Lepreau, it's the reason we moved to New Brunswick...


... when Theresa learned he was building a nuclear reactor she gave him this Escher picture. She figured he needed all the inspiration in the world not to get it wrong.


It took me a while to remember this. It was a gift from P Pearson when her father was ambassador to Russia. It's Pooh and Piglet (ya, you'd look like that too after 50 years of Stalin)



My parents kept this and framed it because they believed Theresa gave it to me as a present. They were wrong. This was a gift from Norah when we graduated from high school. A good memory, but it hardly needed framing.

2 Comments:

At 2:25 AM, Blogger Bill Widman said...

Thanks for showing these cool pictures, John. Framed pictures store very well. They're flat. Keep 'em!

Sorry to hear your puppet theater got vermin infested. How I would have loved to have that when I was a kid.

Glad you made it back safely and successfully.

 
At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a good idea there, John, to photograph things before parting with them.

Anon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|