DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Who Killed Theresa?

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Seemed about a hundred years ago

I'm skippin meals, gettin down to fight weight (that's for you, B). Seriously, I'm tired of feeling old. I've lost 15 lbs, and I'm going for another 15. I wanna be that skinny kid again.

Tomorrow I'm headed for the beach for 4 days with just me and my girls. Don't try to find me, I'll be incommunicado (alright, I'll be in the Canadian Hole).

If been up and down lately. Despair is a killer. Up now, but I'm totally avoiding the issue of having to go back home next week and help my parents downsize into a condo. That's right, I'm the guy packing up Theresa's room and bringing it South (the bed, the bike, the books...)

I'm avoiding the whole thought that this is too depressing. So I'll just pretend it's no big deal - what a lie. Oh well, if I can't be emotionally honest, at least I'll look good. I'm starting to look gaunt... another 6 miles a day, black coffee and cold tea and I'll be back to my old, old self.

I'm really tired. I'm gonna run on the beach, make sand castles on the beach, baseball, football, reading... on the beach and not much else. I'm gonna let the wind and sand wash away about three years worth of remorse and regret.

Then I'm gonna come back and do it all over again, from the beginning. But with a bigger smile.

5 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger Bill Widman said...

Sounds like an excellent plan to me, John.
I hope you succeed in all the goals you've mentioned.
Think of me when you're on the beach.
I'll be with you in spirit!

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Raging Ranter said...

Don't get too skinny. Sometimes a little fat reserve comes in handy.

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Canadian Hole..

I find you very harsh!

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just his sense of humor.

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess i just cannot get use to it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|